Saturday, October 11, 2008

'Tis the Season to be Sick!

So it all stared out when Blake got pink eye a couple of weeks ago, but it soon went away after a round of antibiotics. Hooray for that! Then Jaci started with a cold and getting her top tooth in and her eyes were goopy for 2 days, oh I thought that this was never going to end. Well the rest of my kids are all good now and so is my husband (for now. I was for sure that Marissa would get sick, but lo and behold, that child never gets sick and is healthier than the rest of us. Who knows my I worry about her for being so small. You would think she would be sick all the time, but she is very healthy and doesn't have a cold at all. Well now here I am going on 4 days now with a cold in a half and I am going crazy. It all started out with a sore throat, then it moved into my nose so now my nose is all stuffy and my eyes hurt now and when I swallow the inside of my ears hurt and my sinuses hurt like nothing else. I finally went to the Dr. today and I know him well, since I worked with him for 4 years, to load me up on some meds because I have 3 kids to take care of plus a husband who is on crutches and I can't deal with this anymore and I need to get better!! He put me on some meds and hopefully I will start feeling better by Sunday, if not Monday! I can't cope anymore being sick and congested all the time. It is quite annoying. Now that I am sick, Jaci has been a little congested with ear drainage (thank goodness for tubes or we would be taking her to Wee Care at 2:00 AM), but my mom has been sick and my sister and my mother n law. It is going around so watch out for it. It all started about 2 weeks ago that Dr.'s were seeing this, but now they are seeing more of it. So, 'Tis the season to be SICK!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Yup. This time of year is always a doozie for those sicknesses that travel around to EVERYONE! Calton and I just got over the same thing a few days ago - but mine lasted about 3 weeks! Hope you start to feel better.

The Greens said...

Hey! So what happened with my niece was my brother in law was putting on her shoes, and she flipped over to resist him and when she did it just broke it clean in half. It was really weird how easy it broke. But she had to have next day surgery and that cast for a few months. My brother in law felt pretty bad if you can imagine ha ha thats crazy it happened to you. So you know how she feels! Hope you guys start to feel better!!

Laura said...

I'm sorry you've been sick. That's not fun, especially when you're the one that has to take care of everyone else. I hope you are feeling better now!