Friday, October 17, 2008

How do you do on groceries for the month?

So I want to know of a family 5, if I spend about $300.00 on groceries for the month, do you think that is good or is that going over board? I do have 2 girls in diapers, but they are the same size and I have 2 girls that still drink whole milk. SO we do go through a lot of milk and diapers at our home, but once Marissa is potty trained, hopefully that will slow things down a bit. All those that would like to leave a comment about groceries, you may do so. Groceries do seem to have gone up a bit, but I do get all my milk, cottage cheese, yogurt and such at Smith's because it can be cheaper and there are a lot of other things that you can get at Walmart that are a whole let cheaper there than anywhere else, you just have to watch your ads!! Thanks!!

5 comments:

Moody Family said...

I do most of my big stuff like whole milk, bread, diapers, laundry detergent at Costco (Sam's Club) everything else I am a born Walmarter!

Kristi said...

I would say $300 on groceries for a whole month for a family of your size is FANTASTIC!

miquelle and cody said...

Yeah, I think that $300 a month is really good, especially if that includes diapers! I really don't know that we could feed our family for that, especially living here where food is sooooo expensive.

Jessie DeMille said...

Jeff added up our food spending once, that included fast food and out for dinner and it was 700.00. I felt sick after hearing that so we try and spend less now. Food is just lots of money when you have lots of people in the family, and i am guessing it gets more expensive as they get older and eat more.

Suzanne said...

I think that is SO GOOD especially if you are including diapers in that dollar amount!!! It seems like I have always spent about $75 per person per month...as we've added more people, it goes up $75 without fail! So, when we had 5 people, that meant I was spending $375 (Now it's around $450 since Brookelle is still on breast milk only and that's FREE!) and that's FOOD ONLY - NOT diapers, tin foil, cleaning supplies, deodorant, etc. I always thought I did pretty good at that (I know others who spend a TON more)...but, now I'm thinking NOT!