Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When you are driving in Kaysville and you see a Cop on the side of the road pulled over.....

What should you do:
A: switch lanes so you are in the outside lane
B: Stay in the same lane that you are
C: Try to go a different way so the cop doesn't pull you over for staying in the same lane that you are!
...Well....I have to admit my answer in letter "A". And here is my story:
Last night (Tuesday Night) I was driving home from Bowmans around 8:30 at night. I was coming upon the Stop light that was at main st. and where DHS sits and Kaysville Jr. High! Well, right before that light there were 2 cops that had someone pulled over. Well as I was proceeding to that light there was a car in front of me who ran the yellow light and there was a car to my left who stopped right with me at the stop light. as soon as I stoppped, the 2nd cop pulled up right behind me and as soon as the light turned green, I went and the cop put on his lights so I got over and he pulled me over! He came up to me and asked me why he had pulled me over, Obviously...i said no, why? Because I didn't get over to the other lane like I was suppose to and this is a serious matter that cops take very seriously into their own hands and don't want to jeopardize their own cops. (okay...that is fine). So after about a min, he comes back with my license and I show him my registration and ins. and he give he a citation for not changing lanes and jeopardizing a cop (something to that effect).....I was a little perturbed. He could have just gave me a warning. So now, I can either fight this ticket or just pay the $127.00 that it might be!! (Who has 127.00 to pay a stupid ticket!) SO just be careful the next time you drive in kaysville and you see a cop that has pulled another person over! DO the RIGHT THING and SWITCH LANES!!!
So laugh all you want at me!! This wouldn't be the first time I had gotten a ticket!
GRRRRRRR!!!

4 comments:

the laytons. said...

i have seen like 100 cars not move over. im sorry sis. but i think he should have just warned you not given you a ticket.

Kristi said...

I can't believe that! I had no idea that was even a rule if they are pulled over on a little main street like that and you're at a light! Wow. I can't believe he gave you a ticket for it. A warning would have been suffice. Hey, atleast you didn't get pulled over by your father-in-law (or your own dad in your case) :)

The Greens said...

That's so crazy. I would've been a little annoyed to say the least! Landon was driving home from CA a few months back and got pulled over in Nevada and got a $300 dollar ticket! That's definitely something you want to come home and tell your wife huh? ha ha Good luck! Are you going to try and fight it??

Laura said...

Maybe it's been too long since I took drivers ed, but I didn't even know there was a law about that. Thanks for the warning and sorry you had to learn the hard way! That's not fun.