Saturday, March 14, 2009

Adrianne's Skiiing Adventure!



SO, you would think I would be the coordinated one in the family since I use to clog and pick up on things really well.....well that all changed! I would have to say that Paige (my little sister) would be the one that is more coordinated than us all...(Well you too calt)! So Taylor, (Paige's fiance) got Tony and I VIP Passes up to Powder MT. on Friday. I was all pumped and ready to go and get all ready and ask "Where is the bunny hill"? Well, they really don't have one and then later to find out as we were leaving...they do have one, but it was way more steep than the hills that I went on earlier that day! (Do people really not know what a bunny hill is suppose to be?)! For me...I think of something flat with a "Slight" hill! So a 1/2 hour later I make it down to the bottom and get on the lift. (At this point I make it aware to Tony that I am deathly afraid of Heights and it scares me the whole way up to the top)! So we make it to the top and then we start to come down. I am falling every which way and trying to get up and Everyone else is waiting for me. When I finally made it down to the bottom, I had fallen at least 20 times for more and I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it again. It was a bright and sunny day and I was getting hot because I was getting nervous, so by the second time around I had my sweatshirt off and my scarf! The second time around....wasn't as bad, but I still fell. After lunch, Challae (my sister), she took me down while she snowboarded, and she was actually a better teacher to me than my hubby (sorry babe). By that time I may have fallen once....so I was proud of myself and it took me only 1/2 the time to get down the Mt. The last time I went up the Mt. they didn't slow it down for me at the end and so I had a hard time getting off the lift and kinda jumped off at the last min. (kinda scary at the moment) and then Tony took me a different way and I went down a very steep part and it probably took me 1/2 hr just to get down that part. I was kinda mad. So We finally made back down to the bottom and took the lift up again, this time did much better getting off and then we headed back down to the lodge and I was getting pretty sore and tired.
All in all, I really did have a great time and it was fun! It is something that I could go back and learn some more of because I would like to achieve well at it and so I could go with my sisters and hubby more!! So Thank you Paige and Taylor and Chae! It was all fun!! I did take some pictures, but they are on my phone and Taylors phone! so I will have to get them off and post them! Here is a picture of the after math of my poor face. No I didn't wear make-up or sunscreen. I didn't even think about getting sunburnt! So here is a pic. of my poor face!
Yes I am very sore and yes it hurts like mad! Marissa looked at me this morning and said, "You funny mom" "HAHAHA"! She cracks me up!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ouch! That sunburn looks like it hurts! That's way cool you went skiing. I'm sure you did better than I could! I've never been and I'm afraid to try!

miquelle and cody said...

I am glad you had fun skiing, we'll have to go sometime! Your face looks so sore! I hope it feels better soon!

the laytons. said...

you did awesome! it was so much fun for us all to go up together! :)

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun. Thanks for dinner!