Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MOAB....Here we came!!!!






Yes, we went to Moab and back. It was a fun get a way from the kiddos, but I did miss them. We went Sunday-Tuesday (May 3-5th). Tony and I had a blast. We got there Sunday afternoon. That afternoon we went on a Hummer Safari tour through some wicked bumps that about freaked me out and I wasn't sure if I was going to make out alive...but to say I did. It did turn out really fun and it was fun to do that. A little pricy....but fun. That night before dark, we went on a small hike and that was fun. Monday we hiked all day. We hiked Double O and Arches. They took about 2 hrs each. And my legs are still hurting from hiking those 2. We did them in the same day right after each other, but this time....I have to say it was breezy so that was nice...and I was not 7 mos pregnant this time! So it was a better hiking experience this time. (Yes, last time I was 7 mos pregnant with Blake about them same time too). Then that night we went to dinner and walked around town where I got a hat and some capri's and Tony got him some new hiking boots. On Tuesday we did a guided hike through Firery Canyon. That was pretty cool but our guide..... I swear was about 80 yrs old, but we had to stop every so hundred yards, so it took forever (3 hrs), which if you just hiked it, you could probably get it done in 2 hrs or less. It had some difficult rocks to climb over and go through some pretty narrow rock walls! It was pretty cool. Then we just came home since we had already done everything that we wanted to do! It was great weekend. I recommend NOT to take kids with you if you go or wait till they are older to take on a hike! and also....go in April or the 1st of May when It is not so HOT!!! Here are a few pictures to share from it!

1 comment:

the laytons. said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun! im not a hiker, but i would have loved that tour on the hummer!