Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tough Times:

Even though we have tough times right now with our Economy with everything that is happening, I am great full that my husband still has a good strong job where they like him and he is doing well for his company! they have cut back a lot on their expenses, O.T. and actually had layoffs, but he is still keeping very busy and also traveling still. This weekend he will be going to New Jersey and some other place and will be gone for 6 days. I am glad for him and his hard work and that he has a job in this tough economy time! Hopefully it will get better soon! As for me and my PRN job at Tanner, it is going well! This next week I will work a couple hrs at night and then Thursday I will wk a 1/2 day and Friday a 1/2 day (upstairs) in Peds. I'd rather work up there during the day and downstairs at night! It's going good. Getting a few hrs. here and there!!
We are going to be remodeling our kitchen and bathroom soon. We are just trying to figure out which way to go and the best deal in town! I am really excited for it! It will be nice to have a new kitchen and bathroom!!!
Good luck for everyone in this tough economy, hopefully everyone is doing okay and still has a job! Just remember the Lord is with you and he will help you always! You will always be taken care of!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hi Adrianne. I do remember you from high school. I'll try to answer all the questions you had about cloth diapers, but if I miss anything, feel free to email me at joshandbrooke@gmail.com.

1. Where do you buy cloth diapers?
There are several online retailers that sell them. I have really liked wildflowerdiapers.com. I've also bought from jilliansdrawers.com. Jillian's Drawers has a great cloth trial offer for around $100. If you don't like the diapers, you can return them and get all but $10 back. This is helpful if you don't know what brand(s) will work best with your kids since the trial offer includes several brands and styles.
2. Will cloth help with potty training?
I don't have any experience in this area because my oldest is 2 and not ready for potty training. But, I have read that cloth diapered babies and toddlers have an easier time making the transition from diapers to the potty. I would do a google search on cloth diapers and potty training to see what info you can find.
3. How big do they go?
There are lots of styles and brands of cloth diapers out there. (They aren't just the flat diapers with pins and rubber pants that our mothers/grandmothers used.) There are several brands that sell individual sizes (e.g., small, medium, large, extra large) based on your child's weight. A few of the brands that I can think of right off the top of my head are Fuzzibuns, Happy Heinys, and Swaddlebees. When I started with cloth, I chose to get diapers that would grow with my baby. So, I got the BumGenius one-size pocket diaper that fits up to 35 lbs. My plan was to use one cloth diaper for as long as possible; in my case, that ended up being from January 2008 to March 2009. In my post that you commented on, I mentioned that Tanner had grown out of cloth diapers, but that was probably misleading. He's only grown out of the BumGenius diapers that I have been using on him.

I think that covers the questions you asked. I'm happy to answer anymore questions you have. When I got started, I had no idea what I was doing so I talked to all the cloth diapering mothers I knew of (and that wasn't a lot) to get all my questions answered.

Brooke