Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Court Day...Finally here.....the verdict!

Today, I attend court for my ticket I got that was "failure to yield to an emergency vehicle". (stupidest ticket written ever). Anyways....before we went, we drove past the place where the officer gave me the ticket and it was at 350 So. and main in Kaysville (By Kays. Jr and DHS). Well the officer put down it was at 700 so. and main, but that was wrong. Anayways... 2 hrs later after sitting there and listening to everyone else, I finally got to talk to the District Att. and i summarized what happened and he told me he was just going to dismiss it and asked if that was fine with me and I said YES! So when I stood before the Judge, they dismissed it and I didn't have to pay the $80.00 on my ticket. I was glad that I didn't pay it and just went and fought it. It was a pain to go twice but in the long run....it was worth it! Never again will I ever get another ticket. SO everyone...watch your back and don't get a ticket.....because it is not worth it! Be careful and drive slowly and be smart!!

2 comments:

Jessie DeMille said...

Hooray, you won your first case!

Paige & Taylor said...

Oh i'm glad they dismissed it! Good job Ann!!!