Sunday, July 29, 2012

I have an 8 yr old!

My oldest son turned 8!  His birthday was on the 22nd. He was born the day after his grandpa! He was born 1 week after my brother left for his mission.  He is the oldest grandchild on my side of the family!  I remember the day he was born. I was only 36 1/w weeks pregnant and I went in for my appt. that day and they checked me and I was dilated to a 4 and they hooked me up to the monitors and there was movement and I was having contractions, so the Dr. sent me up to the Hospital (McKay Dee), and I got all changed and hooked up to the monitors. I remember after they gave me the epidural, I was vomiting and than I became really weak so they hooked me up to oxygen.  My sister and mom were there with me.  My other sister n law was there also and I think I scared her too much for having a baby.  Well the time came and Blake came.  He was 6# 9oz and 19 1/2 inches long. He was cute and had lots of hair! He was precious and I loved him.  We had his name picked out for months.  He was transferred to the ICU for about 12-24 hrs, because he did turn blue as I was breastfeeding him for the first time, but also because I had my strep B test done earlier that day and the results had not come back yet, so they started him on antibiotics just to make sure it wasn't positive.  Luckily we were all good!! 
  We are so glad to have Blake in our family!  He is a good brother and loves to tease his sisters!!  He is very obedient and loved to do what is right!  He has good friends.  he is good at Baseball and loves to swim.  He loves to ride his bike, roller blade and ride his skateboard and such!  He also loves to go Hunting and fishing and any outdoors act.  We love you Blake and are glad you are in our family and  you are my first born!
For his birthday,  he invited some friends over and Tony took them to the batting Cages over at Swan Lakes and they took turns Batting!  They loved it and had a fun time!  I did not go, since....it was a boys only party and it was too much for me!!!

 Blake and all his friends!
 Thanks to an awesome aunt of Blake's for making his Birthday Cake for his Family Party!  She decorated it as a Baseball!!  It was awesome!



 Blake loves the Utes!  From Tony and I, I redid his Dresser and Nightstand and sanded it and spray painted it red!  It turned out great! We also to him some wall decor and and new bread spread and a Ute Pillow!  He loves it!
Blake and his cousins that attended his Family birthday Party!  Thanks everyone for coming! We had a fun time with you and we appreciate all that you do for us!!

No comments: