Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July 2012

The 4th of July has come and gone once again!  I can't believe how fast this year has gone by so far! The year is 1/2 over and soon it will be Christmas!  How crazy is that to start thinking of Christmas!  This summer has been filled with lots of fun outings so far, and more to come!
For the 4th of July, we pretty much do the same thing every year!  We go to the Kaysville Parade (which started at 11:00, not 10:00!!!), than we go to my grandma's house and have a big green Shin Dig..with all my cousins and their kids!  It was fun to see everyone at the parade and at grandma's!  My cousin Jamie brought up her water slide and let the kids all use it! They all had a blast! (Thanks jame).  We later went to Tony's parents house where we had a water fight (I didn't get pictures of it), and we ate and than went to the fireworks at DHS and played on the grass before hand!  We ate lots of good food and had a fun time with everyone.  The parade was fun.....but Super Hot!! Finally it came to an end!  We took a picture of all of MY cousins sitting on the curb right after the parade! It's a tradition that we have done!  It's a fun picture!! The 4th of July is probably one of my most favorite traditions.  We have gone to the parade ever since I was little and I have also been in the Parade.  The Kaysville Parade has gotten bigger every year and there are tons of people that come and support it!  Afterwards they have a huge water fight on main street with water guns and hoses!  It is a blast!  We have participated  in the past with Water Balloons and launchers, but now we try to avoid the water!  (it's really fun, though).  One of these years I am going to make my family stay and participate again!!  The Kaysville Fireworks were spectacular with year! The Finally was awesome! The girls fell asleep,...they were so tired. It is a fun Holiday that I remember as a kid growing  up and I want my kids to remember as they grow up!
Thanks everyone for making the 4th of July so much fun for us!  We love doing things with they family and having family party's! It's nice to have family close by and to be involved and see everyone every once in a while!!!!  Good seeing you alll! Hope everyone has a good rest of their Summer!!
 Marissa, Jaci, Blake and Logan all waiting for the Parade!
 Blake and my Cousin's son (logan)
 Tony and my Cousin's son Deacon
 My sister Challae brought Ottor Pops to the parade and was handing them out to all the kids! It was great!
 Blake landing in the grass at my grandma's house!
 My cute Jaci after she went down the water slide that my cousin brought up!
 Tony and I waiting for Fireworks!!!
 My girls and I (Marissa being a little poop!)
 Tony and the kids playing waiting for Fireworks!
 My cute mom and Everett (my sister's 8 mos old boy!) My mom working the night before only got a couple hrs of sleep before coming to the Parade!
Relatives at the Parade....(my dad taking a little rest before it starts!)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the 4th too! I'm so glad you get to spend lots of time with each side of the family. We always enjoy hanging out with everyone!