Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lasik Surgery

Well, My Lasik surgery went well. We were out of the office within 1 hr. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They first gave me a 5mg. Valium. Put it under yout tongue for fast acting. I really wasn't that concerned about it, but hey they are giving me free medsic. why not. and It did help take the edge off and it helped the rest of the day. They first put numbing drops in your eyes and then they cover one eye while they do the other. They put a plastic looking round suction contact on your eye while they cut your flaps...(things go blurry at this point) then they took me in another room where they did the laser stuff to it. From start to finish it probably took a total of 20 min total to do both eyes. Now I can see pretty well and my eyesight is great! I can always see now. My eyes are still a little sore and dry so I always have to keep drops in them, but other than that....its all good! I am glad it's done and that I got it done! I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting it done! It's way worth it! My brother has some pictures on his camera so i will have to post them later!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad things went well! I am sorry that they have been dry and bugging you a bit though..I am sure it will go away soon and you will be so happy!

the laytons. said...

You can see!!!! :) so happy for you.