Friday, March 16, 2012

St. George

Over President's Day weekend, we decided last min to take a trip to St. George to visit my grandparents who bought a trailer there.  The kids had Friday and Monday off so we decided to head down Thursday after Tony got off work.  We were out on the road by 4:30! I had the car packed and the kids had something to eat before we left and we were on our way!  The kids did great! no whinning or crying.  They played nicely and were nice to each other in the car!  it makes a world of difference when we are driving that far!  We told them that if they could be good for the almost 5 hr. drive down and back that we would take them to Disneyland at some point, but they had to show us that they had to be good in the car! 
We arrived at my grandparents about 10:30PM.  It was fun to see them, since they had been away for a couple of weeks!  My kids and I are super close to my grandparents, (since they live right next to my mom), so it's fun!  I just wanted a nice relaxing weekend and have my grandmother take care of me! 
While we were there, Tony went golfing twice with my grandpa.  My grandma and I took the kids swimming at  a rec cntr.  It was nice and fun! My grandma cooked good food for us.  She took the kids on some little walks.  One night both Blake and Marissa got sick and puked a couple of times, so on Sunday while my granparents went to church, we stayed home and took a little drive up through one of the canyons!  It was fun and the kids had fun! I didn't want to share the sickness with the kids at church. 
We were in St. George for 4 nights and 5 day's.  It was a super nice, relaxing much needed mini vacation.  Now we can go down whenever and have a place to stay pretty much!  Thanks grandma and grandpa for having us in St. George with you! We all had a blast!! 





Here are some pictures!!

No comments: