Thursday, April 11, 2013

Vampires....

SO, just recently.....Marissa is into vampire's.  The last two weeks, she has brought home from the School Library "Vampire" Books.  Don't ask me why?  I just think it is funny.  Jaci and her pretend they are vampires when they play also and say, "I am going to suck your blood".  Hopefully this is  just a phase and they will get over it.  And, NO they have not watched the Twilight movies.  That is just for me!!! 




Marissa, Is learning a lot in school and is accelerating very well.  She is reading great and is reading Junie B Jones Books. She has learned all her Phonograms which I think has really helped her to spell.  She is a better speller than Blake.  They have hard words in 1st grade for Spelling.  I am amazed and what she can spell. She does well.  She struggles a little in math, but still does well.  She is very social and loves to play outside with her friends and talk about each of them!  She usually comes home with only eaten 1/2 her lunch because she talks too much! 

Blake is really doing great in school.  he says that it is too hard and he doesn't like it, but really.....dep down inside...he does.  he has been enjoying Science.  His math....he does well. He is in a 4th grade math class that he is learning how to do geometry shapes and long division and metric's.  Things I don't do, but we sit down every night and go over his assignment so I am learning with him.  They have 30 problems that they do each day.  He has a great Math teacher and is very good to him!  His Home Room teacher has been great also! She has done some fun stuff with them this year!  He has learned about the Ancient Romans and the Roman Gods. He also just finished reading the "Hunger Games", by himself.  Weather he totally understood it all or not......but at least he is reading and enjoying it at times.    He is also coming along with his Scouts! He has earned all his requirements and is working on his arrow's and belt loops.  We are proud of Blake and for all the good choices he makes.  He has good friends and he is a wonderful example to his siblings and cousins!!

Jaci......she has been hanging out with me this year. She will start Kindergarten in the Fall.  She is excited.  We have been working on writing her name, shapes, numbers and letters....and i think she is ready!  She is one smart cookie and I have enjoyed having her around with me. I don't know what I will do when I have all my kids leave me. I am not sure I am ready for it quite yet!!!  We are still trying to get her to eat Fruit.  She keeps telling me that when she turns "6", she will,  so we will hold that to her!!

No comments: